Super Jet Lag


Jan. 14, 2010

8:00 a.m., Brooklyn, NY: Goodbyes, hugs and kisses to our benefactors in Brooklyn, NY, Manong George and Manang Trining.

9:00 a.m., Times Square, NY: Last-minute tasks (returning borrowed books to the library, getting JJ the promised PSP, wiring $$ to Canada, shopping presents, etc.)

4:00 p.m., Port Authority, NY: Two of the people we made happy that day were strangers waiting for Bus going to La Guardia airport. We’ve bought our tickets in advanced but at quarter past 4pm, Bus was still not in sight so we decided to just take a cab instead to catch our 5:50pm flight to Chicago. Before I hopped in, I gave our tickets away to a couple waiting in line. Nice feeling!

8:00 p.m., Detroit, MI airport: Quick dinner bite at Popeye’s before boarding plane again.

10:30 p.m., Chicago O’Hare, IL airport: Touchdown. Tired, sleepy … and still had to find accommodation for the night. Browsing available hotels, we found Best Western to offer the cheapest rate @ $80 all-inclusive except for breakfast (you’d think that at this late hour, hotel rates would have been cut by 50% coz you only had a few hours stay anyways before you check out and rush to catch your next flight, but no, business is business).

Jan. 15, 2010

5:00 a.m., BW Hotel, IL: Phone ringing, Mom calling. Ugh. Soo early. Mom saying, “we’ll come see you”.

10:00 a.m., BW Hotel, IL: After mild drama, hugs, kisses, goodbyes to Mom & Bob, and $15-breakfast (it was HUGE!) for the 3 of us, we rushed back to the airport for our international flight this time.

12:10 p.m., Chicago O’Hare, IL airport: This is it! We’re going back home to see our kids. Today, we’d be changing planes 3x.

2:30 p.m., Detroit MI airport: Change plane here. Didn’t get to sleep coz it was only a 45-mins flight.

Jan. 16, 2010

8:30 p.m., Nagoya, Japan: Managed to catch some sleep, but of course, still not enough. 4 more hours to go. Japan immigration. Change flight.

Jan. 17, 2010

12:30 a.m., Manila, Philippines: Yes! Home sweet home! Since we knew our arrival was gonna be that early, we didn’t bother notifying our relatives to fetch us, which was a good decision coz we had some incident at the airport that got us delayed for about 2 hours. We planned of staying a day in Manila before heading to Baguio, but feeling drained and all, we’ve decided to just go straight to Baguio, which was another 6 hour bus ride.

9:00 a.m., Baguio City, Philippines: Left Manila at 3:00 a.m. Deliberately slept half the way through coz I’ve always hated riding buses (makes me dizzy everytime, no exceptions).  Had to drop by Jollibee  and buy some bucket meals before meeting our 'chikitings' (little ones).  They were so excited to see us (we've been gone 6 months).  They all exclaimed, "Mommy, Daddy, Ate .... wow ... Jollibee!"  LOL

Jan. 20, 2010

Well, it’s our 3rd day here and yet, my body still hasn’t adjusted to Phil timezone. Much as I tried, couldn’t help but fall asleep late in the afternoon and waking up in the wee hours of the morning.

And I soooo miss NY!


No comments: