I Want 8 Kids!

Whenever I tell people I want 8 kids, I never get any positive reaction. None! As in zero, nada, nil, nothing, nix! They'd give me this horrified look, with their eyes bulging out of their sockets (secretly thinking "this girl is definitely a loony"), and shamelessly ask "Are you out of your freaking mind?"


Which is, of course, totally understandable. I mean, c'mon, this is the 2oth century. For most people (in the 20-30 age range), a lot of kids would be more than ZERO. Yeah, that's right. Go ahead; ask them. They'll gladly tell you they don't want any kids at all. Those in the 30-40 age range would probably tell you 1 kid is enough. And if you keep asking about 500 people or so, you'd be lucky to get a reply of '2 would be ideal'.

For the enlightenment of those who do not know me personally, the reason behind this 'craziness' is that I am an only child. There. That should justify it.

People can think and say all sorts of things. I don't ... and won't care. All I know is that with 4 kids (I'm halfway to my goal... lol), I've never, ever felt like I had too much on my hands. I love being a Mom. I love everything about my beautiful, happy li'l perfect family. And it shows on how gorgeous I still look! Hey, I just borrowed the words of my husband. (wink) :)

No comments: