Another Small Triumph

Share

I love my Mind Movie kit. But it only works on photos, and I really wanna try incorporating videos when I make my personal movies.

So, last week, I had my first shot at Windows Movie Maker (WMM).


Took at least 3 days for me to finish my masterpiece, but I did it! It wasn't so bad an experience, after all. I guess, if I had the latest, fastest laptop, I could have done a better job.

You see, most of the videos were stored in our external drive (more than 10 years record, so imagine how huge the files are). I couldn't import everything on WMM coz my Dell laptop, which is only a year old, is acting like it's already 100 years of age, always giving me notice that my batteries need replacing, linking me to Dell website to buy exclusively from them (I'm not ever gonna buy a DELL laptop ever, I'm telling you).

Technology changes as fast as you blink. You buy a gadget today, tomorrow it'll seem like from the ice age.

Anyways, I went easy on my laptop and did the following:

1. Instead of importing big files, I just played the videos from my external drive and re-video only the selected clips using our digicam. That's the reason why some clips on my movie were greyish.

2. I then uploaded these small clips onto my laptop and imported them to WMM.

3. And .... ta dah! My very first WMM video!



 It's fun learning new skills.  Small victory each day.  Another check off my Bucket List.

P.S. I really don't have anything to complain about my laptop. It's really great, has served me well (still does) over the last year. Sure, it's got its flaws but I love it just the way it is. But I do blame the maker, Dell. Really.


signature


No comments: