Therapy


Admit it or not, women in general find shopping therapeutical. And it does NOT have anything to do with one's financial standing. Regardless of how much $$ we have on our purse, our moods usually dictate when it's time for us, women, to hit the shops.

Thing is, the act of shopping itself gives us a kind of relief ... from stress, misery, or even just plain boredom. And if we're fortunate enough to get some really great finds, it gives us a deep sense of fulfillment... like we're ready to face another day, or conquer the world, or whatever!

Well, at least, that' s how I would personally describe shopping. Don't get me wrong. I'm no Paris Hilton or Tori Spelling (I wish I were, money-wise!). But I guess I'm not the only one who views shopping this way.

Thus, to stop myself from feeling so homesick that particular day, I had to focus on finding real bargains on shops along 5th Ave. Luckily for me, Banana Rep was offering 'additional 30% off to already reduced prices'. Wow! That's like going to an outlet store - but on 5th Ave!

As with every store that offers such huge savings, the real gems could be found in inconspicuous places (my expertise is based on years of bargain-hunting). I found two neat blouses on 2nd floor at the far end of the Ladies' Wear. They originally cost about $85 each (I know coz the s#$@*&^ cashier mistakenly took 30% off from the original price instead of the reduced price; I had to blatantly point it out coz I was sure I only had $40 in my bank account then ... lol).

But I got both blouses for only (hold your breath) .....

$22+!

Now, doesn't that beat Dr. Phil's therapy? (wink!)
__________________
"Whoever said money can't buy happiness simply didn't know where to go shopping." - Bo Derek (www.saidwhat.co.uk)

No comments: