Perfect Day!



Sun’s up. It’s a little after 12. Make breakfast for myself. Leave the work for someone else. People say, they say that it’s just a phase. They tell me to act my age. Well, I am.

Refrain:

On this perfect day, nothing’s standing in my way.  
On this perfect day, nothing can go wrong. 
It’s a perfect day. Tomorrow’s gonna come too soon.  
I could stay forever as I am on this perfect day.

Sun’s down a little after 10. I pick up all my friends in my Mercedes Benz. 
Wake up. Don’t tell me it’s just a dream coz when I’m heading off you hear me say 
“Now don’t you try to rain on my …”(perfect day) 

Nothing’s standing in my way. On this perfect day, nothing can go wrong. 
It’s a perfect day. Tomorrow’s gonna come too soon. 
I could stay forever as I am on this perfect day. 

I’m in the race but I’ve already won, and getting there can be half the fun. 
So don’t stop me till I’m good and done. Don’t you try to rain on my perfect day.
It’s a perfect day. It’s a perfect day, nothing’s gonna bring me down.  
I could stay forever as I am.

No comments: