Testing Ho'oponopono

Share

Ok, so we (husband and I) have been doing this Ho'oponopono thing for months now. I could personally say that it had tremendously changed how I've dealt with stressful moments of my life. Whereas before, I would bite the head off of anybody who would try the patience I never really possess ... Now, I just bite their hands off. lol 


I still haven't been blessed with PATIENCE, but at least the number of people who tried it have significantly lessened.


Yesterday (Jan. 14), we were going to the airport (you know? the place where STRESS mostly hangs out) to catch a flight to Chicago. And as a precautionary measure, I was doing Ho'oponopono like crazy.  I was chanting the 4 magic words over and over in my mind.
Breathe in. Breathe out. 
'I'm sorry', 'Pls forgive me', 'I love you', 'Thank you'.
'I love you, I love you, I love you, I love you, I love you .....
Our flight was at 5:50pm. We got to the airport around 4:30pm. I thought plenty of time. 

WRONG!
There was a long queue at the security check, and we still had to get our boarding passes. 

PANIC!

Ok, Relax. Breathe in. Breathe out.
'I'm sorry', 'Pls forgive me', 'I love you', 'Thank you'.
'I love you, I love you, I love you, I love you, I love you .....
We rushed to the Baggage Counter:  As you know, checking in of luggage is being discouraged on local flights so they charge $25 per luggage (and if you have more than 1, it's $30 each.  Crazy!).

We planned on checking in just 1 luggage, a medium-sized one that contained mostly clothes. Problem  was that one of our small bags contained toiletries, perfumes and other electronic gadgets that might not pass security. Earlier, my husband proposed that he would transfer contents of this small bag to our medium-sized luggage so we'd only check in one.  We thought there'd be plenty of time to do that in the airport.  But since we didn't expect a long queue to the security check,  there was no more time to kill.

But my husband felt like it'd be such a waste to pay $25 for a small bag, arguing that bags that small usually get lost in the transfer, all the while proceeding to switch the contents of the bags.  

I could sense a small argument brewing between us.
Relax. Breathe in. Breathe out.
'I'm sorry', 'Pls forgive me', 'I love you', 'Thank you'.
'I love you, I love you, I love you, I love you, I love you .....
"But we don't have time to do this.  Just check both luggage in",  I said (in a mildly irritated manner). 
'I'm sorry', 'Pls forgive me', 'I love you', 'Thank you'.
'I love you, I love you, I love you, I love you, I love you .....
Timecheck: 5:15pm. 

Husband suggesting that we take a chance in carrying our small bag, and if security says no, he'll go and check it in. 

Me, relenting "ok, fine. No time to argue."

'I'm sorry', 'Pls forgive me', 'I love you', 'Thank you'.
'I love you, I love you, I love you, I love you, I love you .....
I went and lined up for the security check while husband got our boarding passes.

At the security check: The guard lined up 5 full-sized perfume bottles and other toiletries and  casually told us we could only choose ONE .... yeah, that's right ... ONE bottle of perfume.  

I said,  "WHAT???", altogether forgetting about Ho'oponopono.  

The guard pointed out that we couldn't bring all the perfumes coz they won't all fit in the 1 ziplock bag we had. I remembered I brought other ziplock bags (but bigger in size) and I showed the guard, but he said only sandwich-bag size was allowed, so no can do.

I then snapped. "Couldn't we just check them in? Just check them in, for goodness' sake!, It's just $25 bucks. And I just bought one of these. This alone costs more than the check in fee, that's for sure! blah, blah blah ...."
Guard saying "No, it's too late to check them in. Your flight leaves soon."

I swear I was about to cry at that point. I know it was silly to hold on to these 'material possessions' but they were our gifts to each other the past holiday, and it included an unopened 1.7 Narciso Rodriguez which, to my knowledge, we do not carry in our country, and was hard to find in US as well (Sephora, I think, is the only one that carries the brand).  In short, it's like a gem for me coz it's a rarity. (Would that pass for a valid reason to go shallow and vain?).
Then, I remembered Ho'oponopono again.
Relax. Breathe in. Breathe out.
'I'm sorry', 'Pls forgive me', 'I love you', 'Thank you'.
'I love you, I love you, I love you, I love you, I love you .....
.. while putting shoes back on, getting stuff from the trays ... and then, when I looked back ...
Miracle of miracles! The guard had 'stuffed' the sandwich bag with 4 perfumes. And then handed the other bottle to my husband saying "Here, just put it in your luggage. But all these other (lotions and stuff) must be left behind."
Me saying gleefully and gratefully, "Oh, thank you, thank you, thank you ...".  I could have hugged and kissed that guard right there and then if it weren't for the fact that we needed to run like the wind to board our plane in time.


Morale of the story: Avoid La Guardia airport for local flights.  LOL
signature
P.S. You may wanna know what happened afterwards. Before being aware of Ho'oponopono, incidents like that would have caused a small friction (snubbing, silent-treatment, fuming inside) that would probably last a few hours. But as the LOA gurus say, 'once you've been awakened, you can never go back', so here's a snapshot after boarding:
And during flight, my hubby did a very sweet gesture of buying me this cute watch (probably making up for all those times he forgot to buy me some presents ... haha)
So, of course, I had to show him my gratitude ...
Indeed, Ho'oponopono is one of the best things I've learned in this life. Thank you, Dr. Joe Vitale and Dr. Hew Len.

No comments: